Get ready to be enthralled as you escape to the paradise of Ladakh, and explore the rugged valleys, endless hills, snow-peaked mountains, barren lands and one of the most off-beat trails in India. The scenic beauty of Ladakh will take your breath away! Get ready for the ultimate adventurous Motorbike ride you always wanted to be a part of! You will love to ride on those curvy roads and the meet the mystical Lamas and explore the centuries old monasteries that still have that charm to spellbind you. The captivating sight of Nimu or Nimo, which is the point of confluence of two rivers, Indus and Zanskar will capture your heart with its beauty. Nimu is the place for river rafting in Ladakh. Only Ladakh can surprise you with changing colors of sky and lakes, from sunrise to sunset! Every place you visit and every landscape you come across, you will be astonished and you will actually have to pinch yourself to believe that it is for real and not out of a magical story!
The Land of high Passes- Ladakh is situated between the mighty Karakoram Range and Himalayan Ranges which offer the endmost thrill and adventure! For 7 days it will be you, the bike and the mountains! Push the limits and take the ultimate adventure to Ladakh on this motorbike expedition to Ladakh! The colorful Tibetan flags will be a welcoming sight as soon as you enter the region! Ladakh covers most of the Northern Himalayan region offering the most picture perfect landscapes. Get the perfect mixture of rugged beauty and adventure and start the journey!
Day 01: Manali
Reach Manali on your own and check in to the hotel. You will be appointed with your motorbikes in the afternoon. Test the bikes and take a short guided tour of Manali. Spend the night at Manali.
Day 02: Manali – Rohtang Pass – Jispa (140 kms/ 8 hours)
Manali will give you pure bliss in the morning with a mesmerizing sunrise over the mountains! Have your breakfast and start riding towards Jispa crossing Keylong. You will cross the famous Rohtang Pass which is a sight to behold. Continue riding along the banks of rivers Chandra and Bhaga. Arrive at Jispa by evening and check in to the camps. Spend the night at the camps.
Day 03: Jispa – Baralacha Pass – Sarchu – Leh (335 kms/ 9 hours)
Have breakfast in the morning and continue riding towards Sarchu crossing the Baralacha Pass. Visit the Deepak and Suraj Tal Lakes and many other beautiful water streams on the way. The real adventure starts as you cross the famous 22 Gata Loops on the Manali – Leh Highway and cross Tanglang La, the second highest motorable pass in the world. You will reach Leh by late evening. Check in to the hotel/guest house and take rest.
Day 04: Leh Local Sightseeing
Explore the attractions of Leh. The Old Fort which overlooks the city is quite a breathtaking beauty. This excursion will cover spots like Ladakh Hall of Fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib and Confluence of Indus and Zanskar. You will also be riding up to the Magnetic Hill, and witness vehicles moving forward even when in neutral gear. Return to your hotel for the night.
Day 05: Leh – Khardungla Pass – Nubra (125 kms/ 3 hours)
Wake up to a beautiful sunrise in Leh and have your breakfast. Start riding towards Khardungla, The highest motorable pass in the world at an altitude of 18380 feet. You will ride up to Diskit Monastery for an unending view of the Nubra Valley. You will then head to the White Sand Dunes of Hundar. Check into a guest house run by Himachali family in Hundar.
Day 06: Nubra – Pangong Tso (172 kms/ 6 hours – one way)
Have an early breakfast and leave to Pangong Tso. The beautiful lake has become famous after a few bollywood movies were shot here! Pictures and videos don’t do justice to the beauty and grandiose of this place! This natural Himalayan wonder is situated at a height of 14270 feet and is one of the highest situated salt water lakes in the world! The changing colours of the lake will amaze you! Spend the night in camp with views of the lake.
Day 07: Pangong tso – Leh (160 KM – 6 hours)
Have your breakfast in the morning and start riding towards Leh. The third highest motorable mountain pass in the world, Chang La Pass, situated at an altitude of 5,360 meters above sea level, is named after the Sadhu Changla Baba. The Pass temple was built after him only. The place is famous for its scenic and serene natural beauty which attracts tourists from all around the world. The nearest settlement to this place is the little hamlet of Tangste.
Day 08: Leh – Jispa (335 kms/ 9 hours)
Have your breakfast in the morning and start riding towards Jispa. You will come across another beauty of Ladakh which is mostly ignored by tourists – the exquisite Kar Lake. Reach Jispa by evening and check in to the camps and stay overnight.
Day 09: Jispa – Manali (140 kms/ 8 hours)
Have an early morning breakfast and leave for Manali, where your motorbike trip concludes! Reach Manali by evening and check in to the hotel and stay overnight at the hotel. Your ultimate adventure tour ends here!
For any queries or bookings, feel free to get in touch with us at +919633933499
- 350cc Royal Enfield bikes with fuel – One bike two riders
- Standard Accommodation on double and triple sharing basis in Guest house/hotel/Camp
- Meals starting from breakfast on day 02 till dinner on day 09 (Breakfast and Dinner only)
- Standard size Helmet for rider and pillion ride (used Helmet not new) from day 02 to day 07 with .
- Any travel expense to Manali and back
- Meals which are not mentioned in inclusions
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, bad weather, ill health, roadblocks or any factors beyond control (to be borne by the client directly on the spot.)
- Any other item which is not specified under cost inclusions
Things to note:
- Refundable security deposit of Rs 10,000 per bike.
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond Monk In Shorts’s control like change in flight and train schedule; cancellation of flights/trains, political disturbances, natural phenomenon, etc.
- The advisable maximum size of baggage should not exceed 60 liters. Remember that you have to carry the luggage to the backup vehicle and into the accommodation.
- Any damage caused to the bike because of mishandling by the rider, the cost for it will be borne by the traveler
- In case of changes in permit costs, the difference for the same will be payable by the traveler at the beginning of the trip
- All entry tickets for stupas, monasteries, sightseeing, state and entry fees are excluded from the package cost
- Lunch throughout the tour will be on the traveler
- Traveler takes care of all the International / Domestic airfare, visa fees, airport tax or any kind of insurance cover
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees etc& any other item not specifically mentioned in the inclusion labels
- In case of extension of a tour is required, the clients can directly contact Monk In Shorts
- Wear riding shoes till your ankles
- While riding, tuck-in your tracks into the socks to avoid hindrance.
- Wear double layered socks to avoid dust, mud, and infections during the trek.
- Do not wear tight-fitted clothes as they might hinder with your movement during the ride.
- Do not carry valuables like jewelry or expensive electronics.
- Wear proper protective headgear that fits perfectly along with eyewear and mouth protection wear to avoid the glare of the sun, dust, and wind.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the long bike ride.
- The ride takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not litter the local sites or campsites.
- Consumption of alcohol/drugs and smoking during the bike ride is strictly prohibited
- Usages of plastic bags are strictly prohibited during the ride.
- Any damage to bike during the tour would be payable by rider directly.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
For any queries or bookings, feel free to get in touch with us at +919633933499